* Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as bills of lading, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy.
* Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or record keeping purposes.
* Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders, to route materials.
* Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or non-conformance to specifications.
* Pack, seal, label, or affix postage and labels to prepare materials for shipping, using hand tools, power tools, glue, stencil or postage meter.
* Selects and assembles the appropriate packaging and then packs items into containers properly.
* Receives, unpacks, and examines incoming shipments to record receipts, reject damaged items, and record shortages
* Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials as well as to rectify damages and shortages
* Deliver or route materials to departments using hand-truck, conveyor, sorting bins, lift truck or other methods.
* Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
* Determine shipping methods, routes, or rates for materials to be shipped
* Examines outgoing shipments to ensure they shipments meet specifications.
* Compute amounts, such as space available, shipping, storage, or demurrage charges, using computer or price list.
* Operates tier lift truck or hand-truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from S&R platform to storage or work area.
* Loading/unloading shipments using lift truck, hand truck or other methods.
* Other duties as needed and assigned.